Whether it is a tech company building AI systems, an incubator for start-ups, or a hospital or a bank using AI technologies, leadership in organizations building or deploying AI systems is often unfamiliar with the ethical landscape that they are walking into. This not only exposes them to unexpected ethics and business risks but it also makes them miss out on opportunities to meet their users’ ethical demands.
In an effort to take precautions, leaders often go for well-known but ineffective models to have ethics as an add on. Such models fail in operationalizing ethics and alienate creators with yet another system of policing. We offer something better: our PiE Model for integrated ethics puzzle-solving that enhances technology through ethics ROADMAP, ethics STRATEGY, ethics ANALYSIS, and ethics TRAINING.
- Do you know the ethics risks, ethics needs, and ethics opportunities of your organization?
- How do you plan to transform your organization from having sporadic ethics concerns to having capacity to solve ethics problems efficiently?
- What needs and capabilities should you prioritize as you move your organization towards ethics readiness?
We assess your organization for its ethics puzzle-solving capacities and design a roadmap that matches your needs and priorities. Learn more about our ROADMAP services.
- What are the ethics issues that arise repeatedly?
- What procedures does your organization have in place to anticipate and deal with these recurrent ethics questions?
- What kind of ethics opportunities do your products hold?
- What are your organization’s ethical commitments and how do you ensure that the everyday decisions reflect these ethical commitments?
With an ethics strategy, we help equip the organization to reduce its ethics risks systematically and seize its ethics opportunities effectively. Learn more about our STRATEGY services.
- What ethical risks does the project have?
- What are some solutions that can be devised for these ethical issues?
- What ethical concerns arise during research, development, design, and deployment of the product?
- What ethics opportunities does the project present?
- What ethical needs and demands of users can be addressed through this product?
Complex ethics problems require expert analysis. Learn more about our ANALYSIS services.
- How prepared are the creators and managers of your organization in detecting ethics problems?
- What skills and tools can you use to eliminate some of these ethical issues without letting them carry over to the next stages of innovation?
- How do you approach an ethical issue and how do you decide when it’s time to call an ethics expert for in-depth analysis of the problem?
Through customized trainings, we help creators and managers efficiently and proactively respond to ethical issues. Learn more about our TRAINING services.
(Featured image with changes: by GDJ)