AI ETHICS ROADMAP
How skilled is your organization in detecting and proactively dealing with ethical issues and concerns that arise in building and using AI technologies?
What are your company’s most pressing ethics needs, your highest ethical risks, and your long-term goals?
Each organization is unique. We dive deep and learn about the organization’s culture, governance, and work in order to assess its strengths and its weaknesses in implementing ethical AI.
Our AI ETHICS ROADMAP provides organizational assessment for ethical readiness through;
- Evaluation of the organization’s ethics governance, procedures, workflow, and existing guidelines to determine its needs for AI ETHICS STRATEGY
- Assessment of ongoing and upcoming projects and products to determine its needs for AI ETHICS ANALYSIS
- Evaluation of organizational culture and skills to determine its needs for AI ETHICS TRAINING for executives, developers, and deployers of AI technologies
We design an action-plan to help your organization prioritize its AI ethics efforts and determine the next steps to upskill the organization’s ethical readiness.
AI ETHICS STRATEGY
Organizations need an ethics strategy for dealing with overarching, recurrent, and complex ethics problems. Instead of starting from scratch each time and finding ad-hoc solutions, we create an AI ethics governance structure with operational procedures, guiding materials, and designated teams and individuals for ethical decision-making.
Any organization committed to developing and/or using AI technologies has to put in place a comprehensive, efficient, forward looking, and sustainable framework for AI ethics. We help you achieve this through our STRATEGY service.
Our process of setting up the organizational ethics AI ETHICS STRATEGY focuses on 3 P’s: Playbook, Process, People. These consist of;
- Explicating the core ethical questions and risks that the organization faces
- Identifying organizational values and priorities
- Deriving organizational ethics principles and designing systematic processes for operationalizing them
- Putting together use-cases that are domain specific
- Creating procedures for recording previous ethics decisions and utilize them as precedents
- Designating and training ethics staff (i.e., ethics team leads, ethics officers, ethics team)
- Setting up an ethics strategy board to ensure a dynamic ethics strategy responsive to organizational needs
A clearly defined STRATEGY justifies the organization’s ethical position and help guide the project teams, the leadership, and the ethics analysts going forward.
AI ETHICS ANALYSIS
Ethical issues arise in every stage of innovation: research, design, development, manufacturing, deployment, and even updating. Often these issues are complex ethical puzzles that require detailed analyses to find solutions. Our aim is to solve these ethical puzzles early on before they spill over to the next stage. Doing so not only helps finetune the technology for the better but also avoid wasting resources and public scandals.
Our AI ETHICS ANALYSIS service consists of the following independent components:
- Comprehensive evaluation of the product / project using our tool, the Box to explicate all ethical risks and opportunities in relation to the technology, the domain, and the society [required]
- Defining ethical options and actions in given ethical dilemmas in relation to the product / project
- Collaborative ethical puzzle-solving sessions with ethics experts joining developers or managers to create novel solutions
- Dedicated UX sessions to identify ethical puzzles that arise from the product
- Advisory / mentorship sessions for developers and executives to address ethical questions in relation to the product / project
- Dedicated sessions for developers and/or deployers to ensure responsible hand-over and deployment of AI systems
AI Ethics Lab’s analyses are collaborative. Our ethics experts do not come in to ‘police’ developers and researchers. We join in to help create better technologies.
AI ETHICS TRAINING
Creators, leaders, and deployers of AI technologies each have to engage with ethical decision-making in their respective tasks. Providing the necessary skills and tools to each group and connecting their expertise to ethical decision-making fully transforms the organization’s ethics capability.
In building AI technologies, creators are in a unique position to be effective “first responders” for catching ethical problems. In leading organization that build or use AI systems, executives and managers have to engage in the ethical aspect of their business. And in integrating AI technologies to their everyday jobs, deployers have to navigate the tools and their ethical aspects.
Our customized AI ETHICS TRAININGS provide skills and tools for
- Understanding core ethical frameworks and their application
- Recognizing the types of ethical issues that arise in developing and deploying AI systems
- Learning the landscape of ethics for specific domains and technologies
- Detecting and navigating ethical risks
- Connecting ethical skills with practitioners’ own expertise to enhance their work in AI
Our training programs include interactive ethical problem-solving workshops, sector and technology specific seminars, and structured discussion sessions.
For some of our publicly available work, see our seminars and workshops (including our Mapping workshop and our Box tool).
✉️ To request an assessment of your company / organization and discuss our services, please contact us at email@example.com.